Saturday, November 13, 2010

Art Journal - Friendship

I was alone in a hotel  room at Hong Kong, while the children and husband  went to the stadium to see   Fatboy Slim, I drew these  two little girls. Since I didn't bring a lot of painting equipment, this picture just finished up here, however this is just enough to kill the time until the kids and Rivan back to the room.






Then today, I decided to continue this page of art journal by working the background of this page. This is the step by step of the process....enjoy...



 Before working on the background, I first covered these 2 girls figure with Art Masking Fluid to avoid these figure stained with paint during the process.
Art Masking Fluid


Then I used Water-Soluble wax pastels Light Blue color from Caran D'ache.

Then stamping with one of stamp from Jim Holtz.



I was not patient enough to wait until I finished all the process,  I peeled out the masking fluid from the figure.

Then I realized that the backgroud was not enough, the picture was still look "clean" and I don't like clean picture I need to make it a little messy.....
Then again, I covered the figures with masking fluid and start to work the backgroud again.


Playing around with Acrylic Paint....

Stamping......

Flower stamping.....

Then peeled out the Art Masking Fluid

Then did a little bit finishing touch.....


Ta daaaa....like the messy..messy..art.....:-)

"With your friendship there is always JOY in my heart LIGHT in my path and LOVE in my soul......"

No comments: