Saturday, October 8, 2011

She Seeks Out - Mixed Media Collage Painting

Art has taught me many things, one of which is how we deal with imperfections and  fix what seems impossible to be fixed. Working on my paintings, it often happens where I was not satisfied with the results and try to fix it. In this painting initially I tried some  new things, but apparently not as good as  I expected.  I've used acrylic for this painting and  actually rather unlikely to be fixed because acrylic paint is one of the easiest paint to dry. From the beginning of the painting process,I usually coated the surface with medium gel first  before I do my painting, it is somewhat that make easier for me  to remove the dried acrylic by using a wet tissue. After successfully removed it, although not very clean (who need a clean painting anyway huh?) I fixed this painting. For a glance, does not seem that I've ever  fixed this painting, but when you see it into the details, there are parts of  that still left.  But once again in art, there is no "mistake" word, because the mistake  itself would be part of the art itself. Then I learn how to deal with imperfections.












No comments: